Saturday, December 21, 2013

Year end greetings...

Hello dear folk art lovers, I hope that you had a healthy, sunny and pleasurable summer and fall.  Those  months go by far too quickly for me and perhaps for you as well.  The Spotted Frog had a good season with many returning visitors and just as many first time admirers of Nova Scotia folk art.

I am happy to report that all of the artists whose work I carry are in good health and continue to be creative.  I picked up some beautiful pieces this year many of which did not make it on to the website before they were sold.   In particular I am thinking of the delightful small paintings by Kyle Jackson. In the past I have spoken about Rick Brittain and the wonderful paintings that he creates often incorporating found objects - these did not make it on to the website either - something I will remedy for next year.

You may have noticed that there are not many unsold pieces on my website. This is because someone tampered with my site and removed all of the images and unfortunately I did not have a back up for many of them - a lesson learned. When the gallery is closed, as it is now, I do not add new images but I will in the spring.

A friend received a Christmas card where the people had written five things that they did not enjoy about 2013 and five things that they did.  I thought that I would reflect on that and share mine with you.

Things that I liked
Spending time with friends in Florida in the winter of 2013
Opening the Spotted frog again
Becoming more courageous in a kayak
Enjoying a visit from both of my children and their loved ones

Things that I did not like
Having to do major repairs to my building
Getting Lyme disease - happily much improved
Two dear friends suffering with major health issues
Losing material from my website

Perhaps you will reflect on your life in 2013 and stumble on the things that you enjoyed and did not.
I wish you nothing but good things for 2014 and look forward to meeting you when you come to Lunenburg.  Until then - Inge





No comments:

Post a Comment