Thursday, May 17, 2012

Collection up-date

Hello again, this is very soon since my last post.  I thought that I would let you know that the three Bubby Moores pieces have been sold and the Eddie Mandaggio Oxen painting went as well.  I wish that pieces from the early folk artists would present themselves to me  as quickly as they disappear.  I am happy to say that the collector who bought them lives in Nova Scotia so they are staying in this Province.
If you have any pieces of folk art from the early and not so early artists and you are ready to dispose of them please remember to contact me.  I may well be in the market for what you own.
I and a dear friend of mine, also a folk art lover, are collecting data on some of the contemporary folk artists and we want to publish something on the subject.  Mostly we want t o  highlight the artists and their work.  I will keep you posted as our work progresses.  Also this summer I will have a videographer make a short film The Spotted Frog to post on my website - so things are and will be happening. Be well. Inge

No comments:

Post a Comment